Disclaimer

We don't hate your stuff, we hate what we do with it!

The Queen of Tat

Ever since an early shopping experience, after which I landed at home to proudly show off to Willis a hairdo that looked like a lampshade and an outfit most bag ladies would shun (Boho my arse), I've been cultivating a certain notoriety for the wonders I can pull out of my inventory.

It's all down to the many, many freebie hunts I insist on taking part in. Nearly 5 years later, I'm still refusing to accept that the majority are a waste of time - as we ALL know, not everything you pick up on a hunt is going to be a good idea, there's always a surprising amount of absolute tat in the mix, interspersed with the odd pretty thing to squirrel away.

I don't really help matters with my Tat Unpacking Method. Just before Christmas I determinedly trawled the grid to complete the POE hunt - and then left all 400 globes in a folder until last night, knowing exactly what a task I was facing. I was right, it took me all night and I'm still only on the 336th globe.

The methodology is as follows: open box, add entire folder to self (particularly entertaining when it contains a posing stand or boxed item), stare in disbelief, move on to next box.

Items are therefore not removed until I unpack something with which to replace them, leading to some enviable combinations.

So it's not really that everything I gather is tat - some of it is actually quite nice. It's more that I have a very unique take on styling it. Or not styling it, if we're going to be honest. The feed is far too full of good outfitting sense, what about those of us who throw everything on at once, appearance be damned?

Which led dear Kitty to set up this blog, giving us somewhere to showcase our fashionista style. We have plenty to work with among the clutter of our inventories - from years ago, from the last trip to the shops and, of course, from all the mistakes we're going to make in the future.

Tat: obsessing over it is a talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment